Re: DRWS-a layer 7 load balancer

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DRWS-a layer 7 load balancer
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:08:03 +0800 (CST)
Hello,

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, 8923517 wrote:

> > On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, motse wrote:
> >
> > >     Yes. At real server have another kernel module that can rebuild
> the
> > > connection base on the packet that contains URLs. The DRWS-filter is
> the
> > > module at real server. You can see the mechanism in the slides.
> > >

> > I just read the slides and some of your code.
> >
> > I see that there may be some problems in your method, for example, there
> > is a long HTTP request which is sent through two packets, how can it be
> > handled in your method? Maybe I miss something.
>         if two packets,the first packet will redirect by it's header. The
> second packet or any following packets, I redirect them to the same real
> server.

No, you probably didn't understand my question. You cannot redirect the
first packet because its header (URL) is not finished, this is a long URL
overlap packet. OK, I give you a detailed example, the requested URL
is "GET /directory/image/picture.gif", the first packet has data "... GET
/directory/image/picture.g" and the second one has data "if ...", how
could you forward the first packet when the requested URL is not
complete? It is broken. I think that the situation above is quite
possible.

Regards,

Wensong