RE: Apache Serving default host to some browsers

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Apache Serving default host to some browsers
From: laurie.baker@xxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:20:47 -0000
-----Original Message----- From: Jacob Coby

>> Correction: My boss dialed in through a modem at work and it produced the
>> same error. So this is not an internal network issue.

>Ok, unless there is something between the internet and the servers that is
>capable of filtering out HTTP headers,

>My recommendation from here is to get on your boss' computer and watch the
>apache log files to see if it is logging any sort of errors (malformed
>http/1.1 request;

Other things to check ...
1) Look at the hosts file on Boss's PC make sure no one has added an entry
for that IP address.
2) How are you doing DNS in the inside? check what the PC thinks www <dot>
virtualhost <dot> com is.
4) Check PC's Network settings for bad configuration, While IE is "Less"
fussy than most it has been known to be erratic in its behaviour!! :¬)
3) clear the arp table (Look = arp -a, flush= arp -d <IP address> ).

Oh and last of all but not least
4) check that there are no old proxy settings hanging around.

Good luck.
Laurie