re: slow response of the realserver

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: re: slow response of the realserver
From: Michael Lee <ctlee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:13:44 +0800
I am confused, severel questions:

1. I think I have ipchains enabled when I compile my kernel, but I am not sure.
But at the System Setting > Server Settting > Service (RH9) I see that ipchains
is "incompatible with this kernel" and presumbly it is disabled. So it is
enabled or disabled?

2. Is ipchains the root cause of my problem (delayed connection)? If yes, why I
have no problem connecting to lvs1, which is a director as well as a localnode
realserver? lvs1 and lvs2 are identical, and I tried to exchange their roles,
the problem is still there. After read chapter 3 of the LVS-HOWTO, I don't
think it is the root cause, the symtpom doesn't match...

3. If Ipchains should be disabled when compiling the kernel, and hence should
not be used, why i need to use ipchains command in an attempt to solve my
problem, as suggested in chapter 12 in the LVS-HOWTO?

Regards,
Michael Lee
M.Phil Student, HKUCSIS