Re: slow response of the realserver

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: slow response of the realserver
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:41:27 +0900
On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 01:24:34AM +0800, Michael Lee wrote:
> I understand I should figure out the problem by myself, please give me some
> general direction if you are willing to help. Two key questions:
>
> 1. Would the ipchains/iptables issue be the root cause of my problem (delayed
> connection)? If not, I would deal with it later.

Given that you probably don't have any ipchains/iptables rules
as you have not got these commands to work, probably not.

> 2. As Horms suggested, my problem may not be caused by authd/identd (he said
> http is usually not executed under tcpwrapper, but I have connection problem
> even with http). What should be my next move in order to confirm this?

You mentioned that you have run tcpdump and can't see any auth
packets. That is a pretty good indication.

As Joe mentioned, this kind of thread really is a bit off topic for this
list.  Could you email me off the list with a diagram of how your
network is supposed to look, the IP addresses of all the machines,
internal and external where applicable and the VIP. Something like this.

        +--------------------+------------------+
        |                    |                  |
    [ host x ]          [ host x ]          [ host x ]
    int:10.0.0.1        int:10.0.0.2        int:10.0.0.3
                        ext:203.45.7.3
                        vip:203.45.7.3

Also a list of the output of the following commands:

ipvsadm -L
ip route show
ip addr sh
iptables -L