LVS newbies need help

Subject: LVS newbies need help
From: "Kim Christensen" <kim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:31:04 +0200
Hi Ariyo

It will be nice to have one person to follow in the lvs, and perhaps I can
learn you something and you can learn me something too.

So you have installed the config, I will do that today (iam from denmark,
and the time is now 14.00)

I think the problem is that the documentation is very bad.. i like it the
way:
step 1: download the file you need
step 2. se page x for witch file you need
step 3. compile your kernel, if you don't know how to do that please learn
it first (se www.??.com)
step 4. in you kernel please set following on: x, xx, xxx, etc..
step x ... ect.

I see a lot of script on the lvs-mini-howto and I get very confused what to
use and what to do..

What about if we make our own step guide ?

I can write what I do and you can att what you do!

I have installed ipvsadm too (from rpm) and it said 100% installed.

I want to setup a test first at my place:

client

director (two NIC)

---------------
 |            |
realserver1   |
(http)        |
         realserver2
           (http)

How is your setup ??

I use RH from CD (2.4.20-8) and rebuild new kernel with:
1. RD 2.4.21
2. hidden-2.4.20.pre10-1.diff (single downloaded file)
3. linux-2.4.21-ipvs-1.0.10.patch (single downloaded file)
4. ipvsadm-1.24-2.src.rpm (single file)

The mini-howto said that the network in the lvs must work before installing
the "configured script".
did you do that ? - can you ping all machines in the lvs ?
.. and did your script make a rc.lvs or rc.mon file ??

Hope too hear from you

Please have a nice day :)

Kim

Hi Kim!

Your english is fine :)

So, how's your problem? Have you solved it yourself?

No, I'm not an expert of this LVS stuff. I'm a newbie
too! :) I just saw your problem, and decided that
we're in the same stage. Yeah, may be I just a little
bit further.

I've compiled my kernel, install ipvsadm, set the
config, and boom! Nothing happened. :( So, may be you
and me can share our knowledge. Is it OK for you? :)

So, have you found the config file? It's located on
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/software/index.html

Find it in the lower part of the page.

I hope you'll be successful!

Best regards,