Re: LVS newbies need help

Subject: Re: LVS newbies need help
From: Ariyo Nugroho <ariyo132@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:53:07 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 08:02:24PM -0700, Ariyo
Nugroho wrote:
>Unfortunately most/all of the LVS developers don't
actually
>use Windows for anything so we have to rely on users
>(like you) to track down how to get things working on
Windows.

>I believe there is some information in the HOWTO on
how to get this
>working.

Yup. I've found it in the Mini-HOWTO.

I wish I could use all-Linux-servers to implement LVS.
It's a lot easier. Anyway, that's why it's called LVS,
right? :) But you know, Windows is still so popular in
my country.

>> Now, for the LVS gurus, I have some questions. I
hope
>> you don't mind :)
>> 1. It's said that ipvsadm doesn't have
error-checking
>> facility. So, if I wrongly compiled my kernel,
ipvsadm
>> would not tell us anything, right? Then, how to
know
>> that our kernel is compiled (and patched)
correctly?

>What errors would you like to check for?
>Ipvsadm does report errors for the actions
>it performs. However it is not a general
troubleshooting tool.

Not a special kind of error. I just wonder if ipvsadm
can recognize whether the kernel is ready for it or
not, i.e. whether the kernel has been correctly
patched or not.

>> 2. Are there anyone who has tested LVS with Windows
>> Server 2003? What forwarding method used? Are there
>> ARP problem with it?

Hmm... I guess no one have done it. Yeah. I'll try my
best then. Wish me luck! :)

Ariyo
-----