RE: Server Load Balancing Registration Protocol and LVS

Subject: RE: Server Load Balancing Registration Protocol and LVS
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:18:38 -0700
> A paper is available for download that describes the work we completed
> in a bit more detail.  If interested please download and read the
> article.

http://www.mitre.org/work/tech_papers/tech_papers_03/wollman_balancing/index
.html

Nice looking paper.  FYI - OSPF is more supported in Quagga
(http://www.quagga.net/), a fork of Zebra, than in Zebra.  Most of the Zebra
users have already converted, including Redhat.

/*
Lars - when is Suse going to have Quagga RPMs?
FYI even if you choose not to switch there should be an update of Zebra.
There are some critical OSPFd updates (taken from Quagga) in the last few
months.
ncftp ...suse/i386/8.2/suse/src > ls -lat quag* zeb*
-rw-r--r--    1 suse     susewww   1041258 Mar 25  2003
zebra-0.93b-67.src.rpm
*/

Questions -
1.) Is there support for GSLB in an open-source router environment
(Linux+Quagga) instead of Cisco-based expiremental IOS?
2.) How does the SLB/Java process monitor itself?

Cheers,

Peter