Re: hidding loopback interface does not work properly

Subject: Re: hidding loopback interface does not work properly
From: frederic.buche@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:40:31 +0100
> this sounds nasty convoluted and unreliable.
> What failure mode do you expect that isn't handled
> by HB (or any of the other director monitoring programs assoc with LVS)?
> People have been handling director failover with HB (and now vrrpd etc)
> for years without any undetected failures.

Ok. Perhaps my ideas for monitoring are not great.

But without speaking about the LVS function, I just wonder if it is normal
that I obtain an arp reply from my eth0 interface concerning the ip
address configured on the loopback lo:0 (since a have the hidden parameter
set up).

I have read on "http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/hidden.txt"; that with the hidden
patch, the hidden interface do not reply to arp broadcasts.

in my case :
- the ARP probe is a broadcast one
- This is not a cache problem because I can see the eth0 interface
replying to the arp request.

Frédéric BUCHE