Re: Gateway in LVS-DR

To: ariyo@xxxxxxxxxx,<lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Gateway in LVS-DR
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:37:31 +0900
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:32:46AM +0700, Ariyo Nugroho wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 10:09, Horms wrote:

> > > So, do you think I must separate the gateway from the
> > > director? OK then.
> >
> > It can be done with some hacks. Hunt through linuxvirtualserver.org
> > for more information.
> >
> > But really, why don't you just use LVS-NAT?
>
> That's because I didn't find any example of using LVS-NAT for ftp
> service (yet). OK, OK. Don't be mad at me. I'll dig deeper into the
> docs. :)

I'm not mad :) I just suspect that as you are already happily
using LVS-NAT for other services this is the best choice for
your FTP service.

All you need to do is set up a virtual service on the ftp port
and insert the ip_vs_ftp module into the kernel. It should work
from there. I think there is quite a lot of information on how
to use FTP with LVS in the HOWTO.

> But, other reason for me is: I want to extend my experience in LVS, so
> that I can understand what you're guys talking in this mailing list! I
> don't want to be a newbie forever, you know :)

That is an excellent plan :)

--
Horms