Re: Way to go, LVS

Subject: Re: Way to go, LVS
From: Josh Tolley <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:20:53 -0800
It's not (yet) a production system, so I've no problem using 2.6. One question, though -- now that I have one director running, what solutions do people use to make a backup director that takes over fairly quickly when the main one fails? I've been planning on starting with linux-ha...

Josh

Peter Mueller wrote:

Just a note -- I love the software so far :) After installing a 2.6 kernel, configuring ipvs, and realizing I needed to add

Glad it's working well for you.  You're very brave to use 2.6, most of us
are chickens here :).

In my experience LVS is much more reliable than Local Directors, and much
more versatile than F5 servers.  During the 3+ years I've been lurking on
the list and using LVS I believe I've seen 1 serious "you should upgrade
right away" bug, and that bug was only an SMP race condition.  (Most people
use LVS in UP mode anyway).

Cheers,

---