RE: Trouble setting up LVS/TUN

Subject: RE: Trouble setting up LVS/TUN
From: redirecting decoy <redirectingdecoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:15:33 -0800 (PST)
> SSH VIP will probably work, but not because of anything LVS does.  By default
> most sshd's are setup to listen on all addresses.  If you do "netstat -anp |
> grep 22", you will probably see something like:
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
> 658/sshd

ok. that answers my question.

I believe I am getting closer to solving my problem.  I've been tracing the
path where
the packets go, and it looks something like this:

RGW=Default Gateway for real servers = 10.1.2.1

Client -> VIP
Director:SYN ->
RIP:SYN-ACK -> RGW:SYN-ACK -> Client

So basically, the real servers have to pass through RGW to get to the client.
I think this machine is what is giving me troubles.  If I leave RGW alone with
its
2 nics (eth0:10.1.2.1) and (eth1:192.168.10.101), the is what I get on my
client:

SYN -> SYN-ACK -> RST
SYN to VIP -> SYN-ACK from 192.168.10.101 -> RST to 192.168.10.101

I don't think that is right, so I gave RGW a VIP(tunl0,noarp) as well.  In
theory,
that should have worked and the client should be recieving SYN-ACK from VIP
(RGW).
It doesn't. I can see the both RIP and RGW want to send a SYN-ACK to the client.
Just never get's there is seems.  Now in this case my client just sends out SYN
packets
and gets no replies.  I'm confused.

This is what I am trying to do.

C=Client
D=Director   (VIP, Arps)
R1,R2 =  Real servers 1 and 2    (VIP, noarp)
RGW = Real Server Gateway        (VIP, noarp)

DIP=192.168.10.110
VIP=192.168.10.111
RS1=10.1.2.254
RS2=10.1.2.253
RGW= eth0: 10.1.2.1
     eth1: 192.168.10.101

   ___C___ <---------|
   |  |  |           |
   |  D  |           |
   ___|___           |
   |     |           |
   R1    R2          |
     RGW             |
    Back to Client   |

I think my problem is being caused at RGW somehow.  Is a setup such as this
possible ?
Is this still a routing problem ?

-R.D.