Re: Trouble setting up LVS/TUN

Subject: Re: Trouble setting up LVS/TUN
From: redirecting decoy <redirectingdecoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:37:11 -0800 (PST)
> What behaviour stays the same as what?
Here is the scenerio:
1) The director is configured, and only has ssh running as a local server.
2) The director is load balancing only port 100
If I am on a client machine, should I be able to do "ssh vip", and still get to
the director ?
Or should the connection be refused, since the VIP should only really care
about port 100?

> you don't need iptables rules to set up an LVS.
I mean, depending on the answer to the above question, would I need to use
iptables, if I wanted
to block all access to local services on the director that are going to VIP.
So "ssh dip" would
work,
but "ssh  vip" would not work, even though they are both the same machine.

-R.D.