Re: Large HTTP GET/POST revisited (and solved)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Large HTTP GET/POST revisited (and solved)
From: Casey Zacek <cz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:28:09 -0600
Casey Zacek wrote (at Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 12:21:46AM -0600):
> So I went to investigate how to do the same thing on my Linux real
> servers, only to find that the tunl0 interface, which is the
> connection endpoint for Linux realservers, already has an MTU of 1480.
> I don't know when that got fixed, but I guess I won't worry about it.

I was wrong; here's the fix for Linux realservers:

iptables -A OUTPUT -s VIRTUAL-IP -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST,ACK SYN,ACK
-j TCPMSS --set-mss 1440

Tested, tcpdumped, works.  Now I have no more 'IPVS:
ip_vs_tunnel_xmit(): frag needed' messages.  At least for now.  We'll
see if I'm wrong tomorrow.

--
Casey Zacek
Senior Engineer