Re: Large HTTP GET/POST revisited (and solved)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Large HTTP GET/POST revisited (and solved)
From: Casey Zacek <cz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:52:12 -0600
Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote (at Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 09:22:15AM -0500):
> lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/11/2005 08:43:21
> AM:
>
> > Isn't this fixed in Kernel 2.6 anyway?
>
> can you give me a reference? Which 2.6.x kernels have it?

I don't understand what exactly is fixed.  Are you saying that tunl
devices respond with the proper mss size for tcp connections (thus,
the realservers are fixed), or that something in 2.6 fixed it on the
director's end?

I really don't think it's possible to fix this on the director (and my
directors are running 2.6.11 anyway -- not fixed there).  The closest
way I could think of was to ignore the DF flag in the incoming TCP
packets and just fragment them anyway.

As for it being fixed in 2.6 realservers, that's entirely possible.
None of my realservers are yet running 2.6.  I'll upgrade some soon
and share the results.

--
Casey Zacek
Senior Engineer