RE: Large HTTP GET/POST revisited (and solved)

Subject: RE: Large HTTP GET/POST revisited (and solved)
From: "Chris Paul" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:13:12 -0000
> can you give me a reference? Which 2.6.x kernels have it?

I honestly have no idea.

I have LVS setup on a version of 2.4.20 and had to change the MTU values to
prevent the problem.

When I was investigating, I was told (by a non LVS bod) there is a bug in the
IP Encapsulation code in most versions of the 2.4 kernel where by when
negotiating the MTU for the IP tunnel it does not take the overhead of the
tunnel into account. This bug is supposed to have been fixed in 'all' 2.6.
kernels. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this as I haven't upgraded. If it
aint broke, don't fix it approach.

It is very difficult to reproduce. The bug only occurs if the packet is a very
specific size. From my testing, even source and destination IP address makes a
difference.

HTH

Chris