Re: Busted Cluster

To: Johan van den Berg <vdberj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Busted Cluster
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:39:48 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Johan van den Berg wrote:

> Can you help me to check the MTU stuff... I have a general understanding
> of how the MTU works, but I am afraid I do not yet know how to check
> this using tcpdump or ethereal.
>
> You can see
> http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2004-12/msg00106.html
> for some of my earlier attempts at catching the problem using tcpdump...
> maybe this helps?

        Hm, I don't have idea what can cause this. But old kernels
have problems with long packets:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=107028540622221&w=2

        As the SYN+ACK packet is short may be this is not the cause.
For now i don't know for reports if such problem occurs on 2.4.29 and
2.6.11.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>