RE: setting up lvs

Subject: RE: setting up lvs
From: "Vijay K" <vijay_k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:29:46 +0530
Thank u Graeme,
I would follow u and go ahead.
by the way what does IIRC mean..?
Thanks again for ur help
Regds
Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Graeme
Fowler
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 2:55 PM
To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon 11 Jul 2005 07:47:41 BST , Vijay K <vijay_k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Its lvs nat but ther is no way i can use debian sarge.We have an
application
> which was developed on fedora core 2 and we give fc 2 along with the
> packaging of our product.Since we r planning to provide loadbalancing to
the
> existing prduct i have to use only fc2. Our kernel is 2.4.26,i guess.
> So, keeping this handicap in mind..can somebody suggest as to how i
proceed
> with lvs on fc 2..what packages and all that go into it.

LVS-NAT will work "out of the box" on FC2 as all the relevant modules
for the director are included in the kernel RPMs. You shouldn't need a
custom kernel at all, unless you want to do something slightly unusual.

IIRC that ipvsadm is also a package for FC2 - do "up2date -i ipvsadm".

If you're setting up a very simple LVS, do it by hand first ("man
ipvsadm")  with a single director and two realservers. Note also
because you're using NAT the only thing you need to make sure is that
your realservers use the inside face of the director as their default
gateway.

Once you've got a basic one running, then start looking at the other
applications which are available and decide which of the funky features
you need (healthchecks, failover and so on):

1. ldirectord
2. mon/heartbeat
3. keepalived
4. etc etc :)