Re: 'no hit' for LVS connection tracking (SYN+ACK not translated)

Subject: Re: 'no hit' for LVS connection tracking (SYN+ACK not translated)
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:04:01 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Jari Takkala wrote:

Hello,

We have a fairly large installation of both single and failover-pair load balancers in an LVS-NAT setup. On one of these fail over pairs, we have been experiencing problems where the SYN+ACK reply from a real server does not get source NAT'd to the VIP IP.

people were reporting intermittant SYN+ACK (or just SYN) problems with LVS-NAT a while ago (maybe 6mo ago but don't hold me to that date). No-one seemed to have much of an idea what the problem was till Julian made some pronouncement that it wasn't a problem. I don't remember why it wasn't a problem - it's possible that you had to upgrade to a more recent version of ipvs.

So look in the archives and see if you can make sense of anything. If you find a fix, let me know and I'll put it in the HOWTO. I'd assumed this problem had been solved but since you're the second person with it, obviously it hasn't been solved.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!