RE: 'no hit' for LVS connection tracking (SYN+ACK not translated)

Subject: RE: 'no hit' for LVS connection tracking (SYN+ACK not translated)
Cc: ja@xxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:40:49 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Jari Takkala wrote:

I have looked in the archives, the most recent postings I can find describing the SYN+ACK problem are by Johan van den Berg, and Simon Schwendemann. I cannot find a resolution or announcement by Julian.

I'm on vacation for a week. I can't look at my old e-mail messages till I get back to work.

Julian: do you know how to solve the SYN+ACK problem with LVS-NAT on 2.4.x?

It looks like Johan van den Berg switched to using LVS-DR. That is not an option for us.

Yes it doesn't solve the problem.

This is the last message I could find relating to this problem:

http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2005-02/msg00299.html

We are running IPVS 1.0.11 on kernel 2.4.26. The latest version for 2.4.x is 1.0.12 and it looks like it only contains one fix for "endian problem on sync message size". That does not seem to affect us.

are you up for going to 2.6? This will be a bit of work and I'm not sure that it will solve the problem.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!