RE: 'no hit' for LVS connection tracking (SYN+ACK not translated)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: 'no hit' for LVS connection tracking (SYN+ACK not translated)
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:28:45 +0100
On Tue 16 Aug 2005 16:00:11 BST , Jari Takkala <Jari.Takkala@xxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you for your help Joe. We won't be able to move to 2.6 for at least another few months. The problem is occurring in a production environment. We have tried failing over the load balancer to the secondary, the same problem occurred on it. We also cleaned up and minimized the configuration as much as necessary. Still having the same problem the moment we begin load balancing FTP connections.

Hoping that Julian or someone will have an answer for us. Thanks!

This is very interesting; I have a number of clusters behind LVS-NAT and hadn't managed to observe myself that the one having problems - which I posted about sometime in the last year - is the only one of the whole lot which has ip_vs_ftp loaded. It's also a 2.4.x kernel, and can't be in-service upgraded.

Funny, couldn't see the wood for the trees...

Now I may have a way forward on this. I'll see what I can do test it in the next week or so and get back to the list.

Graeme