Re: Load balanced mail system

Subject: Re: Load balanced mail system
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:30:57 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Pierre Ancelot wrote:

- How to update a mail received on one host to every hosts ?

LVS's are read only. Writing to an LVS has always been a problem. The database section in the HOWTO talks about the problems you've already found. Shopping carts are the same problem.

You need to serialise (spool) your writes somehow. Everyone
has had to invent their own solution.

using rsync would delete every mail received in the same time on other servers...

this is what you want right?

There are two mailbox formats. One is called mbox and I forget the other. One is suitable for rsync'ing, the other isn't.

All this makes me think i should store mails in a mysql cluster database or in a filesystem like AFS for example.

hopefully simpler solutions exist. A single raid filesystem
exported to all realservers is simpler, but rw to the disk
doesn't scale with the number of realservers.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!