Re: Keepalived Director failover, LVS-TUN

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Keepalived Director failover, LVS-TUN
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 15:16:56 +0000
On Mon 06 Feb 2006 14:59:46 GMT , Matt Chan <engineuity@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The permissions are 755. I can run it from command line.

OK, cool. Just checking :)

Sorry, I have two cards in each director. One for VIP traffic and one for
the DIP traffic. The DIP is on eth0, and if the connection were to "go down"
for the VIP (eth1), the monitoring is done on eth0. Basically, to get around
my issues of the actual connection transferring properly, I am attempting to
force it by bringing up/down the VIP interface on the MASTER/BACKUP machine.

When you say "bringing up/down...", can you give us the contents of your script? I'm just a little puzzled by what happens here, since it looks to me like you're administratively bringing an interface down with no way to fetch it back up again afterwards (if you'll excuse the appalling turn of phrase there).

You say that your script does not get run. This is puzzling, too.

For the test I unplug both, assuming the worst case scenario.

Righto, not a problem. Well, it is, but it shouldn't be!

Can we see what your script is supposed to do at transition time, please?