Re: Setting up source hashing scheduler

Subject: Re: Setting up source hashing scheduler
Cc: Armin.Haken@xxxxxxx
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:55:25 +0100
Hello,

This message belongs at the end of a thread from Dec 2002 called "Re: Setting up source hashing scheduler" I have no idea how to link it to that thread except to use the same subject.

http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2002-12/msg00038.html

I have successfully followed the recipe given by Ratz in that thread to set up LVS using source based forwarding. Thanks! That was exactly what I need LVS to do, and as a networking novice I would not have figured it out alone.

Long time since then ;).

However there is a bug in the recipe, hinted at by Horms in one of the messages: The argument to iptables to mark packets needs to be
-j MARK --set-mark <n> instead of
-m mark --mark <n>
The latter would just match an existing mark.

Ok, thanks. I probably just wrote that email without even testing it. Sorry for this. I hope Joe can swoop this up if it's buried in the HOWTO as such somewhere.

I figure if anyone else follows the instructions in that thread, they might benefit from this followup.

This could be difficult because the mailinglist archives might not be so intelligent, unless you've hijacked that old thread.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc