Re: Web Stats on LVS?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Web Stats on LVS?
From: Lasse Karstensen <lkarsten@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:55:42 +0200
Graeme Fowler:
> You could do that. Or you could use mod_log_spread:
> http://www.backhand.org/mod_log_spread/
> This makes use of the multicast spread toolkit to allow you to log
> messages to remote servers. The mechanics of it I leave to you as they
> aren't hugely simple.

I tried compiling mod_log_spread a few months ago, even found a
apache2 patch on some mailling list, but without luck.

Anyone succeeded using it with apache2?

The project seems abandoned. Too bad, we used it before and
were mostly happy.

> Alternatively, make Apache log to a remote syslog host which combines
> the logs for you. This could easily be *both* of your realservers
> logging to each other, and again I leave the mechanics of it to you.
> Note that this will not scale up or out very far, but for a two-node
> solution it's perfect IMO.

Which is the solution we are using now. What kind of scaling issues
are you predicting? We're having 10-12 realservers now, with some
moderate amounts of traffic.

--
Lasse Karstensen
lkarsten@xxxxxxxx