Re: mod_log_mysql (was: Web Stats on LVS?)

Subject: Re: mod_log_mysql (was: Web Stats on LVS?)
From: "Daniel Ballenger" <lpmusix@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 16:00:35 -0700
I just recently ran a benchmark on mysql on a machine for my company...
With MySQL I was pushing >1000 inserts per second.  This was on a Quad
700Mhz (Compaq DL580) box with 1GB of ram and 4 9.1GB drives in raid
5.

I'm sure with faster disks I'd be able to push that box even harder with mysql.

But of course, I've yet to hit that many queries per second yet with
it in production :).

-Daniel
On 5/5/06, Clint Byrum <cbyrum@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 13:56 -0700, Dan Trainor wrote:

> What we've done in the past is also used mod_log_mysql.  While not the
> most efficient way of logging (sure, your setup may differ) - this did
> allow us to be flexible as to where we wanted logs sent.  We would dump
> this log nightly and export it back into one on disk, then run our stats
> against it.  We later modified our stats system to read directly from
> the database, which worked out quite nicely.

I'm curious what kind of request volume you had. I've not seen many
numbers regarding mod_log_mysql/mod_log_sql, but I'm curious because I
doubt it could ever handle our rates of 1000+/second.