Re: Potential Opportunity to Validate LVS for use with Seibel CRM

Subject: Re: Potential Opportunity to Validate LVS for use with Seibel CRM
From: Fabio Corazza <fabio@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:24:22 +0100
Dave Augustus wrote:
[cut]
> They also support 3rd party load-balancers. Their support configurations
> consist of:
>
> -Cisco CSS Content Service Switches
> -F5 Networks Big IP
>
> We are considering approaching Siebel to get their approval and support
> of using LVS instead.

Forget about that, seriously. I wanted to do the same for an important
customer (actually I was thinking about keepalived) but they required an
"industry standard certified" device.

The only solution has been to spend 20k USD on F5 BigIPs, that run Linux
by the way (!).

This is the unfortunate world of the enterprise.

Fabio