Re: LVS cluster and vmware server

Subject: Re: LVS cluster and vmware server
From: Stuart walmsley <stuart@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:05:05 +0100
I am running a LVS pair using keepalived with just over 20 mixed windows /
Linux hosts in 10 clusters all running over 3 VM ESX servers.

Each server has 16 cores, 64 Gig of memory and multiple bonded Gig NIC's
with all the OS's living on a shared 4Gig SAN fabric.

It performs very well and has meet all requirements in terms of both
performance and Availability and offers great flexibility.

As is always the case with VM ware you must ensure you have enough I/O and
memory to meet the needs of all the virtual hosts or overall performance
will be miserable.

Stuart

> On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 08:17 +0300, Erol YILDIZ wrote:
>> What would be the performance of a LVS cluster with 8 machines for
>> example which run a vmware server aplication on it with many  linux
>> /windows  based servers installed over it?

Stuart Walmsley
Head of Technology
Vio Worldwide Limited