Re: LVS cluster and vmware server

Subject: Re: LVS cluster and vmware server
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 06:56:40 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Erol YILDIZ wrote:

> What I ment is creating a supercomputer by using a cluster
> of computers(for example 7-8 physical servers)

You're thinking of a beowulf. A supercomputer is usually
1024 nodes or more. Anything less than that and you have a
plain old compute cluster.

> and on this supercomputer installing vmware server or
> vmware esx and using vmware installing guest OS es either
> windows or linux. Is this possible?

possible, but then you don't have a supercomputer anymore.
Supercomputers are stripped down (eg don't have swap) and
only run the application. You're application won't scale
unless you're running 99.9% application.