Re: LVS cluster and vmware server

Subject: Re: LVS cluster and vmware server
From: Stuart walmsley <stuart@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:51:02 +0100

On 1/6/07 11:17, "Sebastian Vieira" <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, i can imagine that with such hardware, hosting 20 machines is a piece
> of cake. Still, the possibility of one guest pulling all resources to
> itself, exists. And ESX doesn't have a quota/limit feature to deal with
> these problems, which is why i can't recommend putting LVS on VMware.

VM actually enables very granular resource allocation both at the server
instance level and resource group level allow the grouping of sets of
application servers.

The cost of the hardware is lower that 10 individual servers and still has
expansion capability so is a very cost effective route.

LVS was a critical piece of the puzzle when looking at how to holt my server
sprawl and enable a virtualization strategy.

Just need Xen to come of age and life would be near perfect :)

> The bonded NICs help :)
>
> Sebastian

Stuart