Re: [lvs-users] no VIP up on real server? was: Re: arp problem with 2.6.

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] no VIP up on real server? was: Re: arp problem with 2.6.X red hat kernels?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 07:09:30 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, ipvs user wrote:
>
>> but I coulda swore I read something to that effect,
>> because I remember thinking "Note to self: don't use
>> iptables on high connection rate systems".

there are other problems due to collisions within the logic
of ip_vs() and netfilter, which are left over from the
design of ip_vs(), which result in packets not getting
through at all if you use the wrong iptables rules. For this
reason we advise people not to use iptables rules (except
for transparent proxy) until their LVS is running. These
problems are in principle fixable, but no-one has taken the
time to do this.