[lvs-users] Question on installing lvs snmp module on centos 5

Subject: [lvs-users] Question on installing lvs snmp module on centos 5
From: lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:47:50 +0000
Hi,

Just on the slim chance that anyone has done this... :-).

I've installed kernel-devel, net-snmp-devel etc on centos 5
downloaded ipvsadm src code, run make, copied libipvs across to the
net-snmp-lvs-module-0.0.4 directory
then gone into that directory and run make....
and I get:

gcc: -lcrypto: linker input file unused because linking not done
ld -fPIC -shared  `net-snmp-config --netsnmp-libs` -o lvs.so lvs.o
libipvs/libipvs.a
ld: lvs.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be
used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
lvs.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
make: *** [lvs.so] Error 1
rm lvs.o

As far as I can see the -fPIC option is enabled on these files? Or is it
related to the compilation of net-snmp (which was from RPM)?

Any help really, really appreciated!
Thanks,
Malcolm.