Re: [lvs-users] Question on installing lvs snmp module on centos 5

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Question on installing lvs snmp module on centos 5
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:07:32 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, lists wrote:

> Hi,

I may be talking through my hat here...

Is anyone maintaining the lvs snmp module? How old is it?
Do you know about Salvatore's rrdtool scripts for monitoring
LVS (if you want monitoring, rather than snmp)?

> ld: lvs.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be
> used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> lvs.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
> make: *** [lvs.so] Error 1
> rm lvs.o
>
> As far as I can see the -fPIC option is enabled on these files? Or is it
> related to the compilation of net-snmp (which was from RPM)?

I take it that this is a 64 bit machine. Are you mixing 32
and 64 bit object files? (I expect you know enough not to
have done this).