Re: [lvs-users] Question on installing lvs snmp module on centos 5

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Question on installing lvs snmp module on centos 5
From: lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:49:42 +0000
Joe,

Hi, hope you are well.

> I may be talking through my hat here...

Don't we all.
> Is anyone maintaining the lvs snmp module? How old is it?

Pretty old, but last time I compiled it on 32bit it worked fine.
> Do you know about Salvatore's rrdtool scripts for monitoring
> LVS (if you want monitoring, rather than snmp)?

Yes, I'm using Salvatore's scripts as well which are great, but wanted
snmp as well.
>> ld: lvs.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be
>> used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
>> lvs.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
>> make: *** [lvs.so] Error 1
>> rm lvs.o
>>
>> As far as I can see the -fPIC option is enabled on these files? Or is it
>> related to the compilation of net-snmp (which was from RPM)?
>>

> I take it that this is a 64 bit machine. Are you mixing 32
> and 64 bit object files? (I expect you know enough not to
> have done this).

Err... probably, I'm not exactly a guru on this kind of thing, I think
the make files are picking up uname -m which should work.

This is really bugging me so I'm happy to pay someone to help (but
everyone seems to be reluctant to take money on this list ! strange folk.)

Regards,
Malcolm.