Re: [lvs-users] LVS not forwarding packets to real servers

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS not forwarding packets to real servers
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:04:32 +0000
On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 12:15 +0100, Dusan Djordjevic wrote:
> Thank you for your response. Yes, you are right, it seems to be the problem.

Good.

> In that situation, what is recommended routing technique to achieve
> high availability ? NAT obviously is not, since I would need to change
> default gw with every failover, which is not simple at all.

Yes it is. Make each director have a real "external" IP, RIPext, and a
real "internal" IP, RIPint.

You then have an "external" VIP for services (or more than one), VIPext,
and an "internal" VIP *which is the default gateway address for the
realservers*, VIPint. This completely decouples the service addresses
from the management addresses.

You then make ldirectord failover both VIPext and VIPint at the same
time.

How you configure it to do that I'll leave as an exercise :)

Graeme