Re: [lvs-users] LVS not forwarding packets to real servers

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS not forwarding packets to real servers
From: Michael Moody <michael@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 04:27:49 -0800
Some questions:

1. Why do you need to change the default gw? If you configure heartbeat or
another resource handling package to migrate the ip address to a secondary node
in case of primary failure (and of course, send a g-arp), the default gateway
doesn't need to be changed. The machines won't know the difference.
2. Why won't DR work with private ip ranges? We're using DR just fine with
realservers being private ips (192.168.1.x).

Michael

NAT obviously is not, since I would need to change
default gw with every failover, which is not simple at all. Direct
routing is not an option, since I would like to have real servers in
private IP range. Would direct routing do the job then ?

Best regards,
Dusan