Re: LVS and RAID

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS and RAID
From: "Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:17:37 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Shain Miley wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to persuade my company to use LVS inorder to make the mail
> server more redundant and HA.  I have been asked to write up a cost
> proposal that includes all the equipment needed to get this started.  I
> have never setup a raid unit under Linux before and I am wondering if
> anyone can recommend some hardware that has proven itself to work under
> Linux.  I am thinking that I would want to use Level 5 SCSI RAID...any
> ideas on what controller cards and enclosures work well?

I have had very good luck with Mylex  we use the DAC960 which is a bit old
now but if the newer stuff works as well as what I have I would highly
recommend it

You might also want to think about putting your data on a NAS and seperate
your CPU from your harddrives

-Matt

Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President / Internet Division         Email: matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx
Crocker Communications                     Phone: (413) 587-3350
PO BOX 710                                 Fax:   (413) 587-3352
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710                  http://www.crocker.com