Re: MySQL Replication

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MySQL Replication
From: Benjamin Lee <benjaminlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:24:01 +1000
Around  6 o'clock am, on this, the mighty day of Tue, September 18, 2001,
thou oh, Don Hinshaw pronounced thy word, and thy word was:
> it at 5 minute intervals it takes < 3 seconds. If we run it too often, we get
> an error of "unexpected EOF in read_timeout".
>
> I don't know what causes that error, and they are very happy with the current
> situation, so I haven't spent any time to find out why. I assume it has
> something to do with write caching or filesystem syncing, but that's just a
> wild guess with nothing to back it up. For all I know, it could be ssh
> related.

For what it's worth, I have also been witness to the EOF error. I have
also fingered ssh as the culprit.

--
Benjamin Lee
Melbourne, Australia             "Always real."    http://realthought.net/