Re: High Availability

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: High Availability
From: "mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:58:41 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Tinu Patel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a test LVS system running using NAT.  So far things have been
> working really well.  I want to upgrade the system so that I will have 2
> load balancers using mon, fake and the coda file system.  I was
> wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how I should approach
> this.

Ultra monkey, using Linux-HA is the best tested of these.

Another one in developement is the keepalived, vrrpd setup
of Alexandre Cassen.

> The LVS website does not have much detailed information regarding
> the High Availability setup.

You get a pointer to Ultra Monkey and then to Linux-HA. It's not
directly part of the LVS project, but it is used a lot with LVS
and Horms, the Ultra Monkey developer is on both the LVS and Linux-HA
mailing lists.

Ultra monkey has been deployed on many of the setups shipped by VA Linux,
before they exited from the hardware business

Joseph Mack, mack@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux Virtual Server project
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org