Re: Question about LVS-DR setup

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Question about LVS-DR setup
From: djo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:18:30 -0700
Success.  I've managed to get an lvs-nat setup working.  I want to thank the
people who helped.  One thing I didn't realize initially and that didn't
seem  clear to me in
the HOWTO's regarding a one-NIC-two-network setup was that I must have the
2 subnets plugged into the same switch.  I guess that's an obvious thing but
I didn't think about it.
I wanted to not use the director as the gateway for the realservers but am
wondering if there are constraints based on the fact that the realservers I am
using are
running Windows 2000 and therefore in a lvs-dr setup the VIP would be
assigned to the lo0 device.  Is it correct that for direct-routing from the
realservers to the client that the default gateway for the realservers
should be the gateway on the external subnet (i.e. the gateway on the
network of the VIP)?
I am also running iptables on the directors to filter out unwanted traffic
and to redirect certain incoming traffic to specific hosts and its working
great.
Thanks again for the assistance.