Re: HTTP(s) persistence

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HTTP(s) persistence
From: "Joe Stump" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:19:33 -0500
When you create your service add the "-p" option with a timeout value. You
don't need to have it persist for 8 hours per se since (AFAIK) persistence
only comes into effect when a person has not sent a request. In other words
persistence does not start from the first connection and last X seconds it
last X seconds after the last packet has been sent. LVS then resets
persistence if the next request is sent BEFORE X seconds has lapsed. This is
how I understood it ... so here is what you would do with your service:

ipvsadm -A -t $VIP:80 -p $SECONDS_OF_PERSISTENCE -s $SCHEDULE

Hope this helps!

--Joe

--
Joe Stump