Re: HTTP(s) persistence

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HTTP(s) persistence
From: "Alex Kramarov" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:28:08 +0200
Just my 2 cents :

I continuously hear on this list suggestions to rewrite applications to use
other session management means then the one that comes with IIS. As a
Windows/Unix developer/administrator (you can mix and match any one of the 2
groups ;), i would really like to say, that usually this is not that easy in
the IIS environment, especially if you try to tell this to windows only
developers, that don't know anything else then the MS way to do things. The
best they can hope is to wait for the upcoming IIS 6 release, that includes
session management that is meant to use in webfarms (db based), or to try
some non microsoft (still proprietary) solutions, that try to do the same,
like frameWERKS framework, that functions as a drop in replacement for the
IIS session components.

I am not saying this to start a MS war on the list, but only to tell, that
when an ms inclined person hears that he should "re-write the application" -
95% chance that this will be his last try to use lvs for his solutions. on
the other hand, saying that there is a such and such solution that can help
him will probably be considered...

Alex.