Re: LVS Routing Method Question

To: pb <peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS Routing Method Question
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <piranha-list@xxxxxxxxxx>, <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 16:14:10 -0500 (EST)
> (And this is all because of NetWare's Web-Portal
> LOGIN SCREEN which despite accessing it via
> LVS, the login screen tries to use the physical
> address of the NetWare server (hardcoded in java
> or something).  Otherwise we'd have been done with
> this using NAT and letting LVS handling LDAP as well
> as the NetWare admin ports, etc. )

This sounds like you might have bigger problems.  If a web browser outside
of the LVS server is being directed to a Netware box inside the server.
And that Netware box is pushing out a java app with its IP address
hardcoded in you'll have problems with NAT.  You'll have to use LVS-DR so
the Netware uses a public IP address in the java app.  This all seems kind
of silly, the Java app should reference a machine name which you can then
assign IP addresses using a split horizon DNS server.

-Matt