udp port support

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, piranha-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: udp port support
From: pb <peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:07:29 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

I am trying to support snmp and snmptrap and have
a couple rules in place which run in a script
just prior to starting up the pulse daemon:

# SNMP
ipvsadm -A -u x.x.h.a:161 -s wlc
ipvsadm -a -u x.x.h.a:161 -r x.x.i.a:161 -m
# SNMPtrap
ipvsadm -A -u x.x.h.a:162 -s wlc
ipvsadm -a -u x.x.h.a.:162 -r x.x.i.a:162 -m

which correctly yields (ipvsadm -L)

UDP  x.x.h.a:snmptrap wlc
  -> foo.com:snmptrap       Masq    1      0      0
UDP  x.x.h.a:snmp wlc
  -> foo.com:snmp           Masq    1      0      0

but what happens is, the PULSE daemon takes a few
seconds to load LVS and NANNY daemons, so this
NAT routing for those UDP ports gets dropped
soon as LVS loads NANNY daemons.

I can afterwards re-initiate the ipvsadm statements
and re-implement the rules (and they keep then) but
that's kind of klunky.

Any way to force these UDP route rules to keep
and not go away???   (Note I already experimented
with a long timeout, with quiesce server, and changing
the "ipvsadm --set 0 0 2600000" to make the UDP
timeout
huge, but nothing does what I need.)

Thanks
Peter