Re: LVS Routing Method Question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS Routing Method Question
Cc: piranha-list@xxxxxxxxxx, <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:29:33 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, pb wrote:

> Hello,
>
> QUESTION 1
> It appears Piranha/LVS or LVS in general does not to
> strick NAT ROUTING, am I wrong?  Our network guy put a
> monitor on it and found it does not rewrite the
> packets (IP addresses) as a strict NAT would.  What do
> you say?

What exactly is strict NAT routing?

> QUESTION 2
> I am currently using NAT Routing, and because of what
> we see in Question 1 above, we are looking at doing
> either DIRECT ROUTING or TUNNELING.  Does anyone know
> if Red Hat Linux kernel 2.4.18-18.8.0 RPM supports
> DIRECT ROUTING and/or TUNNELING, or does it still only
> support NAT ROUTING "out of the box" per say????

I think the LVS with the latest RH kernel has all the options.  If it
doesn't you can manually install the latest lvs kernel modules into the
/lib/modules directory and use any routing option you want.

-Matt

Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President / Internet Division         Email: matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx
Crocker Communications                     Phone: (413) 746-2760
PO BOX 710                                 Fax:   (413) 746-3704
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710                  http://www.crocker.com