Re: Large HTTP Uploads timeout

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Large HTTP Uploads timeout
From: "Jacob Coby" <jcoby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:53:53 -0500
> > RS: ping from VIP to TS
> > TS registers ping request, replies to VIP
> > D registers ICMP response
> >
> > So the reason ping isn't working is simply because the system is working
as
> > designed.
>
> is what you're saying that the ping request went RS->TS, reply went TS->D?

Bingo.  I guess thats a bit easier to understand :-)

> do you have "always reassemble" or something like that (I think it's
> in the kernel config)?

Umm, not sure, is it a compile-time or runtime option?

After even more poking around, I've found that:

* The problem is sporaddic.  I've managed to fix it 3 times now only to have
it come back.  One time it worked for 5 whole mins until I apparently
toggled something to make it go all wonky again.
* The router isn't messing with icmp packets.
* Networks connections are annoyingly persistent sometimes.
* I'm befuddled.

On a plus note, i'm sitting here watching the icmp stuff, and I no longer
see must fragment errors for anyone besides myself.  I was averaging 1
person every couple mins having trouble.  So that means that either they
gave up or that I've won.

I even more than ever want something with a stupid easy to use interface
with automatic settings :-)

-Jacob