Re: Large HTTP Uploads timeout

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Large HTTP Uploads timeout
From: "Jacob Coby" <jcoby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:59:40 -0500
> I don't know what happens here, but I thought the first machine that
> couldn't handle the large packet would frag it and pass it along.

Really?  That would mean a bug in LVS?

> If "need to frag" icmps exist, then the upstream machine is being
> told to frag.
>
> Following this icmp response,
> does the windows machine then send a set of frag'ed packets?

it appears so, yes.  I'm seeing things like

P 632:2092(1460) ack 1 win 17520 (DF)

which would indicate that the client is downsizing the packet to 1460 (1480
with the IP header).

> is there a frag on/off button in windows?

heh, I dunno, but I don't really want to have our users configure anything
:)

-Jacob