Re: Large HTTP Uploads timeout

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Large HTTP Uploads timeout
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:49:47 -0500
Jacob Coby wrote:

> Also, I did a tcpdump on the windows machine I'm using to do the uploading
> from, and it received the "need to frag" icmp response.

I don't know what happens here, but I thought the first machine that
couldn't handle the large packet would frag it and pass it along.

If "need to frag" icmps exist, then the upstream machine is being
told to frag.

Following this icmp response,
does the windows machine then send a set of frag'ed packets?

If not, what if you do the same operation from a linux machine
on the same network?

is there a frag on/off button in windows?

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx