Re: Large HTTP Uploads timeout

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Large HTTP Uploads timeout
From: "Jacob Coby" <jcoby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:48:48 -0500
> in make menuconfig, but it's not in kernels anymore, so
> presumably it's always set to re-assemble fragmented
> packets, whether you want it to or not.

Makes sense.

I'm out of ideas as how to fix it.  I've tried playing with MTUs.  I've
tried disable MTU discovery.  I've tried 4 hrs worth of route, MTU,
hidden/unhidden settings.  It works for a few seconds up until a few
minutes, and then stops again.

The only thing I'm near certain of is that it is a problem with MTU
discovery.

BTW, I tried pinging the webserver from outside our class C with a large
packet, and got this message:

icmp_seq=1 Frag needed and DF set (mtu = 1468)

That is with ip_no_pmtu_disc set to 1.  If I set it to 0, the large ping
goes through OK.

Either way, trying to get the file uploaded does not work.

:-(

Thanks for your help,
-Jacob