Re: Other trouble

Subject: Re: Other trouble
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 07:13:35 -0500
Rafael Morales wrote:

> Why if I run the lvs.dr script in my proxy realservers, they lost de
> connection to internet ????

For security, realservers by default are not allowed to connect to services
on the internet, but only to the clients. The next version of the configure
script allows you to setup a realserver as part of a 3-Tier LVS, but I haven't
released it yet (and am not working actively on it). You can run the relevant
part of the script yourself on the realservers - it's in

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.3-Tier.html

Rather than getting real fancy, you can just give each realserver a default gw.
You aren't secure anymore, but it will work.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx