RE: Mon + LVS for a mysql cluster

Subject: RE: Mon + LVS for a mysql cluster
From: "Matthias Mosimann" <matthias_mosimann@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:10:49 +0100 (MET)
> > And thus you could use really inexpensie hardware for the mysql server,
> > as you won;t need UBER speed on that machine to handle all requests from
> > all LVS-nodes anymore.
>
> Well you need a very powerfull nbdd server, with high network
> capabilities,
> and you should use at least two data node.
>
> > Il see if i can get this running on a small test setup.
>
> In fact, my problem will be the connections between the data nodes.
>
> > You openend my eyes! :)
>
> Well, because I didn't go to the technical implementation yet, I'm not
> sure
> it is really working on heavily loaded setups.
>
> I'll let you know.

It would be nice if you could post your experience here in the mailing list.
I'm interrested to in this topic. Have many thanks. There was a Thread in
the mysql mailling list about clustering / loadbalancing mysql. Maybe you
find it interesting:
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?25,14754,14754#msg-14754

regards
Matthias

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail